For the most part, the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications are built into specific courses. Here is a list of courses that the MOS certifications are built into:
APP101 Computer Fundaments: Word Certification
APP103 Word Processing and Presentations: PowerPoint Certification
APP104 Spreadsheet Applications: Excel Certification
If for whatever reason you were not able to take the certification exam during the course that it is offered in, then there are a couple different options for you. But before we discuss how and when to take the certification exam, let’s discuss the requirements that qualify you to take it.
- A score of 85% in the course that the certification exam was offered in.
- If you did not get an 85% in the course that the certification exam was offered in, you must get approval from education management (Mr. Dru, Mr. Jean Pierre, or any Deans).
- A screenshot of passing scores of the GMetrix Practice Exam 1, 2, 3 (testing versions) for the certification you want to take (see image below).
- Screenshot must have your name, exam titles, testing version, passing scores, and dates clearly visible.
- The dates of the GMetrix Practice Exam 1, 2, & 3 (testing verions) should NOT be longer than 30 days from the day you will take the Certification Exam.
How to schedule the certification exam:
- Gather all required documents
- Scheudle the certification exam appointment by e-mailing CCSD IT at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give them the days and times you are available to take the exam. Students will need to reserve about an hour and half for the certification exam process:
- The exam takes about 20 minutes to set up (this includes registering for Certiport if unregistered and for the proctor to go over rules before the exam)
- Then, students are given 50 minutes to complete the certification exam.
- After the exam, students have 20 minutes to review the results.
The best times to take the certification exam are on Fridays at 8:00am. You will need to contact CCSD IT to schedule the certification exam so that a qualified proctor can be present.